This grilled tri-tip recipe tastes gourmet but is actually very easy to make. It’s a perfect dinner for guests. It is sure to impress!
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/3 cup black pepper
- 1/3 cup garlic salt
- Using a sharp knife, cut small slits into the top of the roast. Stuff the slits with slices of garlic.
- Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Rub entire mixture all over the tri-tip. Refrigerate at least an hour and up to all day. Take the meat out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Place the meat directly above the flame for 5 to 10 minutes per side (depending on thickness) to sear the meat and lock in the juices.
- Turn the grill down to medium heat and continue to cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, trying not to flip it too much. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. A thermometer should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) for medium-rare. Let stand, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes before slicing.
NOTE: Ace Hardware recommends:
Grilled Veggie Mix
This tempting veggie dish is the perfect accompaniment to any barbecue fare.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large onion, cubed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower-ets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetables in the center of two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Combine dressing ingredients; drizzle over vegetables; toss gently to coat.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side or until vegetables are tender.
3/4 cup: 146 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.