This grilled tri-tip recipe tastes gourmet but is actually very easy to make. It’s a perfect dinner for guests. It is sure to impress!
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/3 cup black pepper
- 1/3 cup garlic salt
- Using a sharp knife, cut small slits into the top of the roast. Stuff the slits with slices of garlic.
- Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Rub entire mixture all over the tri-tip. Refrigerate at least an hour and up to all day. Take the meat out of the refrigerator about 20 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Place the meat directly above the flame for 5 to 10 minutes per side (depending on thickness) to sear the meat and lock in the juices.
- Turn the grill down to medium heat and continue to cook for another 25 to 30 minutes, trying not to flip it too much. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. A thermometer should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) for medium-rare. Let stand, covered loosely with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes before slicing.
NOTE: Ace Hardware recommends: