From bathroom floors to tile showers having dirty-looking grout is an eyesore you want to avoid. It’s easy to get it cleaned up, all you need is a handful of items and you are off to bring that shine back to your floor.
If your grout is looking a little dingy, these tips and tools should help you clean things up.
- Cordless drill with a stiff drill brush attachment.
- Small nylon handheld stripping brushes.
- Cleaners like; Krudd Kutter, Kaboom, Scrubbing Bubbles.
Traditional grout is a porous material, dirt, grime, soap-scum can penetrate the surface. The key to keeping it clean is doing this a couple of times a year. The longer it stays dirty the harder it is to get it clean.
Here’s how to do it:
- With the floor or wall cleared apply the cleaner of your choice. And let that cleaner stand on the surface for about ten minutes. (keep in mind that some of these cleaners cannot be used on certain natural stones so check the bottle first)
- Use the combination of the handheld brush and the brush on the end of the cordless drill and start scrubbing the grout lines.
- Once you have worked the cleaner into the grout lines let that stand for another 10 minutes then scrub one more time.
- Wipe down the surface with a rag and clean water and let dry.
That’s it, follow these steps and your grout should look a lot better.
For more helpful tips and advice, visit us online at acehardware.com