In today’s age, your doorbell is the first line of defense for your home. However, replacing it may seem a bit more strenuous than reality. Have no fear, check out our video on how to replace your doorbell simply and easily.
- Turn the power off
- Make sure the breaker switch is flipped off that connects to the doorbell.
- Detach the face plate
- Remove the screws and face plate.
- Pull forward and easily expose the wires.
- Check voltage
- Use a voltage meter to test that there is no power running through the wires.
- Disconnect the wires
- Attach new face plate
- Use your pliers to peel over excess plastic covering.
- Bend/curve wires in a hook formation.
- Attach new face plate.
- Connect new doorbell to the frame
- Screw in your new doorbell.