Each month we look at some of the top projects that can help keep your lawn in top shape. In July, we’re continuing to care for the outside of the home.
Here’s Lou Manfredini, Ace’s Home Expert, with several tasks to complete this month.
- Clean your siding, patios, and more. Whether it’s green algae on your vinyl siding or moss on your patio, there’s an easy way to remove it that doesn’t require elbow grease. Using a product like Wet & Forget Outdoor Cleaner allows you to spray and walk away. No pressure washer or scrubbing is needed. Wet & Forget goes to work with the wind and rain to gently clean the surface over time.
- Scotts Step 3 is ready to be applied. Give your lawn a mid-season boost with an application of Step 3. Apply in the summer, between June and August. I’m a fan of making this a 4th of July weekend task. Step® 3 feeds and strengthens the lawn against heat and drought. If rain is not expected follow up with a good watering of your lawn to help activate step 3.
- Time To Sharpen Your Lawn Mower Blade. Typically your lawn mower blade needs to be sharpened after about 25 hours of use. Using a sharp blade gives the lawn a clean cut which helps maintain a healthy lawn. When not cut cleanly, grass can turn brown and are susceptible to disease.
- Check your lawn’s condition for drought. If it’s been a while since your lawn saw rain, help maintain a healthy yard by watering it. To see if your lawn needs to be watered, walk across it. If your footprints don’t disappear quickly, it’s because the grass blades don’t have the needed moisture to spring back up. Before watering, check any local ordinance regarding watering as there could be water restrictions due to drought concerns.
- Stop Insects From Heading Inside. From ants to spiders summer means more bugs are appearing in your home. Apply an insect home defense product around the windows, doors, and foundation of your home. When heavy rains come in, frustrated ants want to find a new home. Next, set up ant bait traps around your kitchen to stop them before they bring their friends.
Source: tips.acehardware.com ~ Image: Canva Pro