When the temperatures rise so does the cost of keeping your house cool. We’ve come up with some simple ways to help avoid heating up your home this summer.
Here are some tips to help you stay cooler in your home on those hot summer days.
- Keep the sun out. If you have shades or curtains close them so avoid direct sunlight to hit the windows and heat up the home.
- Airflow is your friend. If you have ceiling fans run them, floor fans run them, and windows open to allow fresh air to flow through the home.
- If you have central air conditioning, make sure your filters are clean. The condensing unit outside is clean and not clogged. (Use a brush to remove any debris from the coils carefully)
- If temps are over 80 degrees and you have central air switch the fan switch from auto to fan on. This will keep the blower running 24/7 and help keep the home more comfortable and save you money on your energy bill.
- Make sure furniture is not blocking vents so you’re A/C work properly.
Always follow manufacturer’s instructions before using any product.
Source: tips.acehardware.com ~ Image: Canva Pro