Cook Time – 15 Mins
Cooking Method – Grilling
Cuisine – American
Difficulty – Easy
Prep Time – 15 Mins
2 TABLESPOON BUTTER, MELTED
1 PACKAGE CANDY EYEBALLS
8 OZ CREAM CHEESE
8 OZ (OR CHEDDAR JACK) JACK CHEESE
1 PACKAGE (WE USED PILLSBURY) REFRIGERATED CRESCENT ROLLS
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
1 CHOPPED SCALLION (GREEN ONION
Preheat your grill to 400° F. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese, scallion and salt until well blended.
- Roll out the crescent rolls and press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Using a pizza cutter, or sharp knife, cut the dough into strips. 1-2 per jalapeño.
- Cut the jalapeños in half, lengthwise – try to preserve the stem if you can on both halves.
- Fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeño half with the dough, butter side down, leaving a space for the eyes around the top. Use two pieces of dough if necessary. Brush with more butter and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake on your grill for 10-14 minutes.
Remove and press the eyes into the cheese where the opening is. Remove eyes before eating (unless you want to eat the candy with the cheese).
You may also use a little cream cheese and a piece of black olive for the eyes. Serve immediately.