For The Dressing
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- ⅓ C Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- ½ teaspoon Thyme dried
- ½ teaspoon Truvia Spoonable
- ¼ teaspoon Salt Kosher
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper freshly cracked
- ¾ C Olive Oil Extra Virgin
For The Salad
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb Chopped Winter Vegetables Any combination of Butternut squash, Turnip, Sweet Potato, Rutabaga
- 2 C Broccoli Florets
- 1 Red Onion sliced thickly
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 5 oz Salad Greens baby greens, arugula, spinach combo preferred
- ¼ C Sunflower Seed Kernels Dry Roasted
- Place garlic, lemon juice, zest, thyme, Truvia Spoonable, Salt and Pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Whisk 1 minute more.
Place boneless chicken tenders in a re-sealable plastic bag. Pour ½ C dressing into bag and massage to coat all chicken. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450.
Place winter vegetables, broccoli and red onion on a non stick baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss around a bit.
Roast in oven 20 minutes until vegetables begin to caramelize.
Place chicken on a preheated grill pan or outdoor grill. Cook chicken, turning a few times until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Place greens on serving platter (or bowl). Add roasted veggies to greens. Chop the grilled chicken into bite sized pieces and place on greens. Sprinkle sunflower seeds over salad. Drizzle with additional dressing.
Source: foodyschmoodyblog.com ~ Image: foodyshmoodyblog.com